Join us for a seminar on Crowd Funding. Learn about “How to run a successful crowd funding campaign” and hear from crowd funding platform providers and entrepreneurs who have raised money from crowd funding. Network with entrepreneurs, business leaders, start-up programme directors, policy makers in government and third level institutions.
Minister of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation Richard Bruton T.D. will open the event.
- 5:30pm Registration
- 6:00 pm Welcome – Myra Garrett, Managing Partner, William Fry
- 6:05 pm Welcome – Professor Suzi Javis, Director, UCD Innovation Academy
- 6:10 pm Introduction – Raomal Perera, Adjunct Professor, Entrepreneurship, INSEAD, Co-Author of www.LeanDisruptor.com and Co-Founder,ThousandSeeds
- 6:20 pm “Needs first process – How to fund the faster horse” – Sean McNulty, CEO Dolmen & Co-Author of www.LeanDisruptor.com
- 6:30 pm Minister of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Richard Bruton T.D.
- 6:45 pm Julie Sinnamon, CEO, Enterprise Ireland
- 7:00 pm “How to run a successful crowd funding campaign” - Modwenna Rees-Mogg Author of the best selling book on Crowd Funding – How to raise money and make money in a crowd.
- 7:30 pm Darren Westlake, CEO and Founder of CrowdCube, UK largest equity based Crowd Funding platform now in multiple countries.
- 7:45 pm Peter O’Mahony, CEO and Founder of LinkedFinance, an Irish based Crowd Funding platform based on Person to Person lending.
- 8:00 pm “How I achieved 3x my funding target on Kickstarter” – Philip McAleese, CEO & Founder, See Sense
- 8:15: Q&A
- 8:45: Networking and finger food
BOOK NOW to avoid disappointment.
About the Keynote Speaker:
Modwenna Rees-Mogg MA (Hons)
Modwenna is a graduate of St Andrews University. She has two decades of business experience working in corporate finance in the City of London and in business angel investment and venture capital. She set up her own business in 2003 as an online media and live events business. From £1,000 of start up capital working out of her front room, she has grown the business to become the leading information provider and commentator on the business angel market in the UK at www.angelnews.co.uk. In recent years her business has also launched Pitching for Management www.pitching4management.com, a live recruitment series, the VCT & EIS Investor Forum www.thevctandeisinvestorforum.com, The Great British Private Investor Summit www.privateinvestorsummit.com and The Great British Workforce Revolution www.workforcerevolution.co.uk.
She is a non executive director of Albion Tech and General VCT, which is quoted on the London Stock Exchange and a Visiting Fellow at the Bettany School of Entrepreneurship, Cranfield University.
She is the author of Crowdfunding, a guide to operating a business in, raising money from and being an investor in the crowdfunding market. She is also the author of Dragons or Angels, the unofficial guide to Dragons’ Den. It is also a handbook for people wanting to become or raise money from business angels. She regularly contributes articles to the press and has contributed to Business Gurus, which was published in March 2012 by Crimson Publishing.