We Stimulate Innovation, Business Growth and Learning
- Design-led Innovation
- Business Model Innovation
- Business Strategy
- Customer Development
- Leadership & EQ
- Lean Startup
- Pitching For Success
- Motivational Speaking
“Innovation distinguishes between leaders and followers.” – Steve Jobs
Businesses and organisations from all sectors are facing extraordinary demands to change to improve their offerings and differentiation and to innovate. We implement sustainable innovative processes though Lean Product Development and systematic frameworks. We have an established an international footprint, working with entrepreneurs and innovators globally, from Asia through to North America. We work in Industry as well as teach on Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
How do we do it?
Using our methodologies, experience and toolbox we help;
- Innovation through Business Modelling – Co-create potential business models, validates choices, creates clarity and growth opportunities. This process shows you how to challenge your existing business models and enables the building of new ones.
- Corporate – Creates, designs and delivers internal Innovation hubs and in-house accelerators. These systematically validate new ideas and new products to create business models and products that get to market successfully and solve real business problems.
- Leaders – Fosters leadership innovation.
- Intrapreneurs – Through customer-centric and design-led frameworks brainstorm new ideas with management and teams. Funnel ideas systematically and test the ideas through iterative validation processes.
- Entrepreneurs – Test the viability of early-stage business models and new products more successfully through validation. Make it clear to investors what problems and unmet needs are being solved. Help corporate buy/partner with start-ups.
Our Innovation Services
Building on a strong track record of working with entrepreneurs on innovation, we help organisations; validate ideas and products; create innovations environments; improve performance; manage risks and implement change.
Our systematic approach to innovation allows you to develop your business through proven frameworks, creativity & leadership. Our services include Ideation; Corporate Brainstorming; Business Model Innovation; Leadership with Innovation; Lean thinking and design-led frameworks.
‘What does Innovation mean for your organisation’?
If you want to understand this in more detail contact Mary Cronin at email@example.com.
Why Business Model Innovation?
A business model describes the rational of how an organisation creates, delivers and captures value. It captures the logic of how companies do business. There are countless innovative business models emerging. Entirely new industries are forming as old ones crumble. New innovative starts-ups are challenging the old ones, some of whom are struggling to reinvent themselves.
“It is not the strongest species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change”
- How do you imagine your organisation’s business model might look in two, five or seven years from now?
- Will you be among the dominant players?
- Will you face competitors brandishing formidable new business models?
The scale and speed at which innovative business models are transforming industry landscapes today is unprecedented. For entrepreneurs, executives and academics, it’s critical to understand the impact of this extraordinary evolution. Now is the time to understand and methodically address the challenge of business model innovation.
- How can we systematically invent, design and implement these powerful new business models?
- How can we question challenge and transform old, outmoded ones?
- Want to introduce a new product or service?
- How can we turn visionary ideas into game changing business models that challenge the establishment or rejuvenate it if we ourselves are incumbents?
- Need a new direction in your business?
- Want to increase the revenue of your business?
ThousandSeeds uses tools and techniques to look at and review company’s business models. Through this process we help companies to leverage from their existing model and look at other business models that will help grow and develop business opportunities.
If you can’t describe your strategy in twenty minutes, simply and in plain language, you haven’t got a plan. ‘But,’ people may say, ‘I’ve got a complex strategy. It can’t be reduced to a page.’ That’s nonsense. That’s not a complex strategy. It’s a complex thought about the strategy.”
If you would like to know more about our Business Model Innovation, please contact us for more information.
‘Business Strategy for Success’ – What is your business strategy?
Understanding your business strategy is essential to building and creating a valuable business model. There are many different levels to compete at strategy and business model level.
ThousandSeeds use business model canvases as strategy tools for companies who want to create their business strategy & business models. Some companies have a clear understanding of their strategy and for others this needs to be distilled. Every company is at a different stage so we can explore this at different levels. For example we can create and/or distill strategies or look for opportunities within the existing model for established companies. Companies have different levels of expertise around this & it could be broken down into four levels.
- At a basic level, on business strategy and business models, companies focus on products, technologies, and value propositions (mainly). They aren’t aware that it is often the business model that makes the difference between success and failure.
- At the next strategy level are the beginners, they use business model tools such as the canvas as a checklist.
- Then there are the masters. These out compete others with a superior business model where every one of the business model building blocks reinforce each other (e.g. Nintendo Wii, Nespresso, Dell).
- At the highest level are the ‘invincible’ group – these continuously disrupt themselves while their business models are still successful (e.g. Apple, Amazon.com). These companies disrupt themselves with new and innovative business models, while their existing business models are still successful and make money.
Which level are you at?
Business strategies & business models that outperform others do so in various ways, for example by…
- Disrupting the existing market (e.g. Dell).
- Creating a hard-to-copy competitive advantage (e.g. Apple appstore ecosystem).
- Establishing game-changing cost and/or profitability structures (e.g. Nintendo Wii).
- Creating entirely new markets (e.g. Nespresso).
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
Do you want to distill your business strategy to enable you to compete with your business model? If so contact ThousandSeeds.
Why the Customer Development Process?
Most products fail from a lack of customers and NOT from Product Development.
Customer Development is a four-step framework developed by serial entrepreneur and business school professor Steve Blank. This framework is for discovering and validating the right market for your idea, building the right product features that solve customers’ needs, testing the correct model and tactics for acquiring and converting customers, and deploying the right organization and resources to scale the business.
Customer Development is about questioning your core business assumptions. Rather than assume your beliefs about your business to be true, you should apply a scientific method to building a business, in order to validate the ideas.
The advantages of implementing the framework are that you don’t spend loads of money discovering what works. But rather save the money for executing and scaling what you have already shown to work. An organization applies a learning process, rather than merely executing what you assume to be the right business model. If implemented properly, Customer Development helps a business become highly focused, capital and resource efficient, and while not a guaranteed success, more likely to find Product-Market Fit and market traction.
How we do it?
The process is used to discover, test and validate your business assumptions. It is a systematic way to get to know your customers intimately – understand their needs, pain points, challenges, priorities, decisions, and motivations. This time-tested process overlaps the product development lifecycle, to ensure that your product does not end up as a product that no customers wanted.
- Customer Discovery – A specific product solves a known problem for an identifiable group of users
- Customer Validation – The market is scaleable and large enough that a viable business can be built
- Company Creation – The business is scalable through a repeatable sales and marketing roadmap
It is an effective process whether you are a corporate looking at expanding your market or an early stage company looking to validate ideas. You can apply the process to more successfully launch your products and services into new, existing, or re-defined markets.
“It’s amazing the insights you learn when you talk to, listen and observe customers.” Mary Cronin
What ThousandSeeds Offers?
We take a systematic approach to develop products that solve customers problems. This gives your company a competitive edge to get your product to market more successfully. We know the right questions to ask and how to listen objectively to customers’ points of view. We interview prospective and existing customers to gain insights and understand the needs of your market.
Do you want to gain more insight into your customers to create products that they want? If so contact ThousandSeeds.
Foster Leadership Innovation
The one day workshop is designed to accelerate the practice of emotionally intelligent leadership. It examines the science of emotional intelligence (EQ) and the compelling business case for its relationship to leadership success. It will equip participants with the ten dynamic emotional skills that distinguish outstanding leaders from average ones. As an intensely practical experience, the workshop is sharply focused on the application and practice of the key strategies for building emotional intelligence. It breaks open the building blocks of effective leadership skills.
- Discover what emotional intelligence is and why it matters
- Learn how to manage behaviours that hold you back from optimal performance
- Understand the key strategies for building and maintaining energy levels at work
- Develop more effective communication and influencing strategies
- Learn how to leverage emotional strengths that build effective market driven relationships
The workshop is designed to accelerate the practice of emotionally intelligent leadership. It examines the science of emotional intelligence (EQ) and the compelling business case for its relationship to leadership success. It will equip participants with the ten dynamic emotional skills that distinguish outstanding leaders from average ones.
As an intensely practical experience, the workshop remains sharply focused on the application and practice of the key strategies for building emotional intelligence. It breaks open the building blocks of effective leadership skills.
- Uncover the science behind emotional intelligence and emotional capital
- Learn the emotional and social skills that drive effective leadership
- Assess and build your own emotional intelligence and leadership skills
If you would like to know more about our Leadership & EQ workshop, please contact us for more information.
The Lean Startup is a term coined by Eric Ries (author of the ‘Lean Startup’). The inspiration for the ‘lean movement’ came from the ‘lean manufacturing’ process, “fine-tuned in Japanese factories decades ago and focused on eliminating any work or investment that doesn’t produce value for customers.”
“Startup success can be engineered by following a process, which means it can be learned, which means it can be taught.” - Eric Ries
Steve Blank author of the book ‘Four steps to Epiphany’ is credited as the father of the lean movement which originated in ‘silicon valley’. This movement is transforming how new products are built and launched. Lean offers new ways to cut work time and eliminate waste.
“Formal management tools are about 100 years old, and I am helping to build the first management tools specifically for startups, where customer development is paired with agile product development” – Steve Blank, ‘The Startup Owner’s Manual’
8/10 startups fail and 8/10 products fail. Why? Because, many products are built without being validated first. Building products that nobody wants is a waste of time, energy and money.
There are systematic methodologies that help raise the odds of getting products to market more successfully. At ThousandSeeds we understand these methodologies and see the value in lean & agile thinking. Please contact us for more information
Funding for your company is one of the main problems associated with starting a new venture. Raising cash for your start up is an on-going process. There are a number of stages during a fund raising life-cycle; whether it is in the early phase or during an expansion phase. ThousandSeeds can help you increase your chances of getting external funding.
We will work with you firstly to understand BATREF (the Best Alternative to Raising External Funds) which may be to bootstrap your business venture. If the best option is to raise money, we will help you with the following:
- to understand whether you have what it takes to approach potential investors
- to know how to apply the right tools at the right time.
- to understand the process of pitching successfully
- develop, hone and rehearse your Elevator and Full-Fledged Pitch
- Identify, evaluate and target the best possible sources of funds for your start-up
- negotiate ‘Term Sheets’ (Term Sheet outlines the way investors want the investment made in the company).
“When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is” – Oscar Wilde
At ThousandSeeds we understand the process of effective fund raising and can help you develop the pitch and give you the tools to increase your success in raising finance. Please contact us for more information
Pitching for Success
Pitching is vital for any business in order to gain investment, clients or to develop partnerships. The good news is that great pitches can be created, practiced and learned!
Can you articulate your Value Proposition for your product in a single, clear compelling statement? Have you got a hook? Have you a clear call to action when closing your pitch?
Learn how to create, structure and deliver your 1 minute, 3 minute or a 5 minute pitches.
Key questions your pitch must answer:
- What is the purpose of your organisation?
- What is the problem you solve?
- What is your product or service?
- Who is your market?
- What is your revenue model?
- Who is behind the company?
- Who is your competition?
- What is your competitive advantage?
Pitches need a “hook” to start with mixed with passion and a call to action to conclude with.
We offer Pitching workshops and programmes to entrepreneurs, founders, SMEs and corporates to create and develop successful pitches. Please contact us for more information.
At Thousand Seeds we offer motivational or business speakers for companies and events. These include keynote speeches at conferences, interactive professional workshops and seminars, participating in panel discussions and speaking for companies or Industry groups. We enjoy the opportunity to share our insights, experiences and challenges about becoming entrepreneurs, grow your business successfully and understanding International business.
“In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit” – Albert Schweitzer.
Why Contact ThousandSeeds?
- We are lean advocates and understand how using systematic methodologies can raise the odds of you getting your idea or product to market more successfully.
- Established an international footprint, working with entrepreneurs and innovators around the globe, from Asia through to North America.
- We have raised money from Angel Investors, Government Institutions and Venture Capitalist to fund companies.
- Hosted a number of Lean events with global ‘thought leaders’ including Eric Ries, Ash Maurya & Brant Cooper